Interested in featuring your work? Check out these guidelines:
Criteria for Artists:
- Artists must complete the application process to be considered.
- In order for an artist to display, they must be considered “local” and “emerging.” While these definitions are flexible, they do exclude artists beyond the state of Indiana, as well as artists who are already well established in the local art community and/or are currently being represented by another gallery.
- Artists will be required to be at the opening of their show for an “Artist’s Reception.” All shows open on the First Friday of the month.
- Each artist must professionally display their work prior to installation.
*This can be creatively/uniquely done; please discuss options with the Director prior to installation.
- Art work must be finished and framed.
- Each Artist must submit a contract, complete with inventory, prior to opening night.
- Shows typically last 3-4 weeks, and will feature 2-3 artists.
- Each show will open on a First Friday and include an “Artist Reception.”
- In general, Fletcher Place Arts & Books staff/volunteers will complete installation of pieces, but artists should be on hand in case of any questions or complications.
- Fletcher Place Arts & Books will be responsible for promotion via e-newsletters, social media and some print media (if available). Artists are expected to promote themselves through their own avenues, social media, etc.
- Content of work must not include nudity or profanity.
Sales in the Gallery:
- All work must be clearly labeled with title and price.
- A 20% commission will be charged on any art sold within the gallery; artists can set their own prices but should take this into consideration.
- Payments will be made to Fletcher Place Arts & Books; artists will be presented a report of sales as well as their cut within 14 days after the show given that the Gallery has received all payments in full.
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
- Once accepted, each artist will receive a letter confirming show dates, art installation dates and pick-up dates/times as well as a contract.
- Every attempt will be made to schedule artist according to desired months, but compatibility and availability will take precedence.
- Any art not picked up on assigned date/times will be subject to a storage fee; any art not picked up after 6 months will become property of gallery.